When you do a story for young audience, there are lots of things to think about:
- what story do you want to choose? (some stories are obviously more likely candidates than others)
- what kind of words will you use in telling the story? (keep the vocabulary simple)
- who will be the storyteller? (parent? grandparent? babysitter? or someone more unexpected and mysterious?)
- who will be the audience? (one child or more? ages?)
- what will be the storytelling scene and occasion? (bedtime stories are just one possibility: stories can happen anytime!)
You can go about this in a realistic way... or something more supernatural! For example, this semester, Adrienne is doing a Storybook with an elephant dad telling stories to his little elephants: Elephants in India! Bedtime Stories.
You can see some more children's story projects below: